Welcome to Dr Sharma's Surgery
The practice serves a population of approximately 4,600 patients - please ask at reception to find out if you live within our catchment area. The premises is currently undergoing extensive building and refurbishment works and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause patients or visitors. Once complete, the Surgery will have a new bicycle and pram park; a new, fifth Consulting Room; new office and administrative rooms with accompanying improvements to electrical wiring, heating, and fire safety measures. Work is due to be completed in mid August 2016.
To read this and all information on our website in another language please go to Quick Links in the right hand column and click on Translate Page. Choose the language you require and the page will re-load in that language.
The clinical team is headed by Dr Veena Sharma who has worked here for more than 30 years. Dr Sharma is supported by regular locum GPs and two practice nurses. Our health care assistant position is currently vacant but we are continuing with phlebotomy services. These clinicians are supported by the reception, administration, cleaning and management staff, who play a valuable role in assuring the smooth running of the practice. Please read our Practice Information leaflet for further information.
Our website is designed to provide our patients with clear and concise information about our services. It also provides details of the active Patient Participation Group that works closely with the practice to help us in our aim to provide the best possible service.
If you would like to receive regular communications from the Practice, including the opportunity to respond to patient surveys, please fill in the form at reception and provide us with your email address.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format.
CQC INSPECTION STATEMENT FEB 2016
Vision and Values
As agreed at the team meeting on 5th April 2016, our Vision is:
"To be a forward thinking practice that provides excellent modern, clinical care in a friendly, diverse, family-orientated NHS surgery."
Our Values are as follows:
We value the longstanding relationships that we have with our patients and their families. We want them to see us as welcoming, caring, friendly and accessible.
We value the diversity of our patient population and seek to provide safe, modern, high quality primary care.
We value the views of our patients and their carers and appreciate the advice and guidance of the Patient Participation Group in continually responding to the feedback that we receive.
We value the opportunity to innovate and will continue to embrace new ideas and ways of working, including those that reinforce our ambition to provide holistic care.
We value our staff and their views on how we can improve and we aim to support them in their roles and in their personal development.
We value the CCG and the local general practice community and wish to make a constructive and effective contribution to the development of local services.
We value the premises from which we operate and will ensure that they are properly maintained and fully equipped.
Statement of Purpose
Dr Sharma's Practice 240 Wexham Road, Slough SL2 5JP
Statement of Purpose
The practice has the following aims and objectives:
- To provide the highest standards of patient care available on the NHS.
- To ensure that patients are seen by the most appropriate health professional in an appropriate timescale.
- To ensure that all patients are fully informed and involved in decisions about their health, creating a partnership between the patient and health care professionals.
- To focus on disease prevention through health promotion and preventative medicine.
- To ensure that patients are, at all times and by all members of the practice, treated with respect and dignity and without discrimination.
- To ensure that all members of the practice team have the correct skills and on going training to deliver our aims and objectives in a patient centered way.
- To provide a safe, comfortable and friendly practice environment for the benefit of both patients and staff.
- To continuously seek to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the services we provide, involving the patients in our practice development and plans.
- To maintain quality of life and an effective work/life balance for all staff to safeguard the practice and ensure sustainability.
Friends and Family Testing
As part of The 240 Wexham Road Surgery, we would like some feedback from our patients about the service you received at 240 Wexham Road Surgery. We share the results periodically in the News section of the website and they are discussed regularly with our Patient Participation Group.
Please ask a member of staff for a questionnaire. This is very brief and should be filled in after your appointment. It is completely anonymous. THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.
(Site updated 05/06/2017)