Clinics & Services
Within the practice there is a special interest and experience in asthma, child development, general medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, diabetes, minor surgery, psychiatry and counselling.
Therefore by appointment we offer the following clinics and services:
- Heart Disease
NHS Health Checks
Our Health Care Assistant carries out these checks which are available for patients aged 40 to 74 years old. During the appointment your height, weight, blood pressure and blood tests to check for diabetes and pre diabetes will be taken. Relevant advice given and if appropriate referral to another health professional.
- Maternity Services
- New Patient Medicals to check - height, weight, blood pressure, medical history and discuss any concerns.
- Ante natal and post natal care in conjunction with the community midwives.
- Contraception Services
- Minor Surgery
- Child Health Surveillance and immunisations - including Child Health Clinics.
- Immunisation and Travel Advice
- Psychiatry Services
- Smoking Cessation
- Substance Misuse
- Alcohol Misuse
- Flu and pneumovax injections which are given in the autumn free of charge to all over 65's and "at risk" groups.
- Shingles vaccines for older people (upon invitation)