Welcome to Dr Sharma's Surgery - 240 Wexham Road
The surgery is headed by Dr Veena Sharma who has worked here for 35years. Dr Sharma is the principle GP and also the current practice manager. The practice serves a population of approximately 6,200 patients.
Vision & Values
Our Vision is:
To be a forward thinking practice that provides excellent modern, clinical care in a friendly, diverse, family-orientated NHS surgery.
Our key Values :
- We value the longstanding relationships that we have with our patients and their families. We want them to see us as welcoming, caring, friendly and accessible.
- We value the diversity of our patient population and seek to provide safe, modern, high quality primary care.
- We value our staff and their views on how we can improve and we aim to support them in their roles and in their personal development.
- We value the CCG and the local general practice community and wish to make a constructive and effective contribution to the development of local services.
- We value the premises from which we operate and will ensure that they are properly maintained and fully equipped.
- We value the views of our patients and their carers & appreciate the advice and guidance of the Patient Participation Group in continually responding to the feedback that we receive.
- We value the opportunity to innovate and will continue to embrace new ideas and ways of working, including those that reinforce our ambition to provide holistic care.
Children's Flu Immunisation Survey
Are you a parent of a child aged between 2 and 11 years old living in Slough? If so, your local NHS would appreciate your help in completing a short survey on the flu. Please click on the following link to complete - https://bit.ly/2SSELSo.
Each year, the NHS works closely partnership with others to try and protect people from flu, especially those more at risk of developing serious complications such as people aged 65 and over; pregnant women; and young children. These groups are all eligible for a free flu vaccination on the NHS. Whilst the uptake of the flu vaccine is generally good in many of the groups and in line with national averages, Slough has always seen a lower uptake of the children’s flu immunisation than other local areas. Despite local efforts to address this, there have been no significant changes over the years. The short survey has been designed to help the partnership understand the potential reasons behind there being a lower uptake locally.
(Site updated 20/02/2020)